Sunday, May 28, 2006

Blizzard in May



Today Jan, Kimberly and I hit the road. We didn't get nearly far enough away from this town, but it was enough for now. I sat on a mossy log by the salmon river. Big huge drops of rain fell on my head from the tree above and I could feel them slide down my scalp. I sat and listened to the sound of the rapids and watched them move and move and move until it felt like everything might be ok. I found a wonderful rock and a I wanted to swollow it and feel the coldness and the strength of it inside of me. I wanted it to settle into that place that get so easily disturbed and all I wanted to feel there was firmness and cold and I dont want to be shaken anymore. This is my prayer for the day: help me God to swallow a rock.

Then we went up to Timberline, sort of. I am beginning to wonder if I will simply never see the day. We got to the top and were slightly caught of guard by a full on blizzard. I was almost out of gas and my car has definately wimped out on snow since the Wisconsin days. I slid into a spot that was, well, in the middle of the road. We got out and tried to find the lodge anyway but poor Kimberly in her sweatshirt was a teensy bit cold and it turns out walking in snow isn't the best idea when you have a giant cast on. So we brokenheartedly drove back down the mountain. So close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home