Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dear Remy,

Remnant Johan Bryan, Welcome to the world! I have a feeling that you are going to pull this name off rather well. I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you were born, but I promise I will buy you lots of presents to make up for it. I havn't even met you yet but I think I already love you. I was thinking about how fun it will be, when you come with your mom and dad to pick me up from the airport, to have two little bodies come running to me that I can pick up and spin around and kiss on the cheeks. But I'm a little bit scared that instead you two won't know who I am and you'll be a little scared of me. I think that possibility is what I hate most in the world about living so far away. But it will be ok because I will read you books and play farm animals with you and I think you'll warm up to me eventually and maybe I will get a really dramatic good-bye. But lets not rush things. You are still a tiny little baby. You will probablly be sleeping when I come to visit you in a couple of weeks. I started working on your quilt yesterday. I am having a hard time getting your color vibes. Do you like brightly colored polk-a-dots? I just don't feel right about the primary colors. It needs to be softer. I have a feeling that you will be a gentle little guy. I love that your name is Remy. It reminds me of a picture that I love. Your daddy and I are stading in front of a chalk board on Christmas morning when we are little kids. He is wearing blue onesie pajamas and I am wearing pink ones. I think the chalk board is supposed to say "Merry Christmas Jeremy and Kate", but instead it says "Merry Christmas remy." Your dad is standing there with an eraser in his hand. I have a feeling we will laugh together over that picture sometime. I always thought that would be a good nick name for your dad and I think I called him that in my head sometimes but it just never really panned out. I wonder if you will look like your dad or your mom. I hope that you and Sam will be best friends and look out for eachother. I hope that I can be a special person in your life somehow. You are pretty lucky to be born into your family. Your moms sweet voice will sing you to sleep and tell you that she loves you a million times a day. Your dad will wrestle you and make you giggle and tell you you were born for a reason. Grandpa will play "whistle" with you and Nana will rock you in front of the woodstove after you take a bath. Uncle D will come up with a really silly names to call you and Uncle Christopher will let you crawl all over him. I wonder what we will do together. I would like to write special little books just for you and swing you on swings and cuddle you when you wake up from a nap. You have a lot to look forward to little man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home