Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Rome

May 15, 2007

Rome is a dream. The entire city smells like jasmine. My friend Hannah and I have stood speechless in the Colosseum, walked through ancient ruins at sunset, and eaten gelato outside of the Vatican, and on the street, and in a park, and at night, and in the morning. We have walked through every park, seen every fountain, scoured every market, and basically haven’t stopped walking for three days. I don’t ever want to leave. Italians are lovely. They are so beautiful and dark and natural and unruly and so different from stiff, stoic Russians. The women have big curly untamed hair and the men all have five o’clock shadows and leather sandals, and walk around saying “ciao bella”. I want to let my hair down and let me feet get dirty and wear something loose and white. Before we left Russia, we made plans to meet friends on May 17 at 5:00p.m. on the Spanish Steps. It feels so free and honest to be entirely unable to communicate until then. I think these are the best plans I have ever made. Until then we will wander, and lets be honest, eat gelato. Tomorrow Hannah leaves for Barcelona, and I will go to Florence with another friend.

pictures to come...wifi not working so well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home