Montpelier

I took a drive tonight. Driving is my main source of entertainment here in Vermont. This is partly because its beautiful, partly because it is the only thing I have figured out to do that makes me feel apart of something, partly because I just like to go places, and partly because it is still a novelty that I can drive forever with no stop lights. (Plus my cousin is out of town and her zippy new Honda is a country roads dream.) So tonight I drove about 30 miles north and then 30 miles back down again. I was singing Wilco's California Stars at the top of my lungs when I missed my exit back to Stowe. So I just kept on driving. I drove through Montpelier and looked in all the cozily lit restaurants brimming with people, and then just kept on driving. When I got out of the car I felt like I had just been on a really good date.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home